Monday, October 14, 2013

It's Also Anti-Fashion Week, Rochester

Mainstream Fashion Week not your thing?

Have no fear.

There is so much creativity in this ol' city of ours that we not only have Fashion Week of Rochester, but Anti-Fashion Week of Rochester.  Same days, same times.  Different venues, different artists.  Surely something for everyone.

Here's the agenda for the Anti-crowd:

Tickets for Cut & Sew Collective Saturday Night
I tried to get through this without putting my two cents in, but that would be too out of character for me to keep my mouth shut, so here goes nothing...

Can I let you in on my secret dream?  One day, I want to be able to say:  "Hey!  It's Fashion Week in Rochester!!!  These great events are going on to benefit the Center for Youth... Subculture Magazine is hosting X, Y and Z featuring some kick ass local designers here...  Joe Schmoe, Fashion Designer is debuting his collection at Fill in the Blank Gallery...etc."  There will be no sides to choose.  No line in the sand.  Just people supporting local fashion, designers, and the bubbling creative culture of our city.  Who's with me here?

Whatever events you choose do attend this year, just remember that at the end of the day its about getting out supporting Rochester.   Shop local, eat local, drink local - and be a force for good.  Save the drama for your mama.  Cuz this mama has had about all she can take!

And in the words of Forrest Gump:  "That's all I have to say about that."

xoxo

Jenny
The Flower City Fashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment